Friday, March 19, 2010

Velveeta Nacho Bake . . .Cook- For Non-Cooks. . .

I realize that everyone isn't as lucky as I am in regards to that fact that I have time every day to put a homecooked meal on the table. Every now and again I come across recipes that I think busy mom's/people will appreciate. They are not only EASY but they are also DELICIOUS!

So I decided that I am going to start are label called Non-Cooks. Here you will find all these wonderful recipes. Most are kid friendly as well. Give them a try, let me know what you think!

Velveeta Nacho Bake 
(prep: 15 min. Bake 20 min. @ 400 F)

 
1 pkg. (12 oz.) VELVEETA® Shells & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground Turkey
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
3/4 cup Salsa
1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips

1. Prepare Dinner following Basic Directions. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat, drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat; simmer 5 minutes.

2. STIR sour cream prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, half of the cheese and the remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with salsa, remaining cheese and the crushed tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes. Makes 5 servings